Sunday 4 September 2011

BACKGROUND TO THIS BLOG

As a regular follower of the Irish Food Board website, "Bord Bia", I enjoy reading about beef production and especially the recipe section for meat. I love all meat but my favourite has always been beef. I endeavour to source as much of our foodstuffs locally and use a local butcher for our meat which is locally reared and traditionally butchered. All the meat I purchase is traceable to the farm and has not had to be transported long distances.Throughout my life cooking and gardening have been amongst my main hobbies and nothing pleases me more than cooking for family and friends.  Using fruit, vegetables and herbs from my garden ensures that I use the freshest of seasonal produce.
Back in May I entered a competition with Bord Bia and submitted a 300 word entry entitled, "Wendy's World of Grasstronomy".
Imagine my surprise and delight when I received an email congratulating me on winning the competition.  I can still hardly believe it.
My prize is a culinary tour of Ireland over four days.  I cannot wait to go.  I have never been to Ireland and am wondering what delights I am to expect on this tour.
During my culinary tour I will keep you updated. Please log in to follow my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment